Saturday, May 24, 2014

Physician's Formula Super CCC Correct + Conceal + Cover Cream and Powder Review

I recently purchased these the Physician's Formula Super CCC Correct + Conceal + Cover Cream SPF 30 and the Super CCC Correct + Conceal + Cover Powder SPF 30. I was quite disappointed, so I thought I would do this review for you all!



First, the CC+ Cream. It claims to "visibly transforms your complexion with color-correcting pigments that instantly help correct uneven skin tone, imperfections, discoloration and visible signs of aging." This product only comes in two shades, Light and Light/Medium, which is disappointing but consistent with Physician's Formula lack of darker shades in all of their products. 




I purchased shade Light and instantly saw that it was too dark for me. I was kind of shocked that "Light" would be so dark, considering that I'm not the fairest of the fair. 


On the left is a heavy swatch and on the right it is more blended out. Even blended out you can see that it is about a shade darker than my skin tone.

Looking past the bad color match, it has a light coverage which is typical of BB creams, CC creams, and tinted moisturizers. It lasted most of the day on my face. It didn't help control oil on my combination skin but it also didn't cling to dry patches. 


Onto the powder. It only comes in two shades, like the CC cream, which are Light and Light/Medium. I bought shade Light to go with my Light CC cream. 





This powder has four colors in it: skin tone, green, pink, and yellow. These are supposed to correct discoloration on the face while also adding coverage. Swatched out, though, the powder only looks pale and almost white.



These two photos, taken in different lighting, show how pale this powder is. Even blended out (on the right), it is too light for me. Even though I don't like the color, it is a pretty smooth powder with light coverage, which makes it comparable to other drugstore powders. 


Above you can see the Light powder on the left and the Light CC cream on the right. Do you see the huge difference in color? Physician's Formula, what were you thinking?! Neither product matches my skin tone and it bothers me that the two products are so different in shade! 

Another aspect that I don't love about these two products is the price. The CC cream is $14.99 and the powder is $13.99. With tax, the two products come out to be over $30. That seems to be quite expensive compared to other drugstore CC creams and powder.

Pros:
- SPF 30 in both
- Smooth texture of the powder

Cons:
- Expensive for drugstore products
- Powder in shade Light is extremely light
- CC cream in shade Light is quite dark
- Only two colors options for each product


Overall, the products are decent quality, nothing horrible but nothing outstanding. For $30+ for both products and only two shades each, I don't recommend these. Sorry Physician's Formula, but these were flops for me.



Do you love these products? Hate them? Let me know in the comments below.




~ Haley



No comments:

Post a Comment