Sunday, May 25, 2014

Perfect Palette Tag!


I have a confession.


I LOVE eyeshadow palettes. 


It might be an addiction. I'm not sure. But when I saw the Perfect Palette tag I knew I had to do it. Enough about that, let's get onto the questions.



1. Best Packaging 



     
My favorite packaging is definitely the Too Faced Naked Eye palette. I actually prefer Too Faced cardboard packaging over the newer metal packaging. This palette is pink, lacy, and compact. I almost wish that every eyeshadow palette I owned was in this packaging!


2. Best Color Payoff



  The LORAC Pro Palette is the palette in my collection with the best color payoff. All of the shades are buttery, smooth, and so so pigmented. I have to restrain myself when using this palette because the shades are more pigmented than any other palette I have tried!


3. Most Versatile



This might be cheating, but my most versatile palette would I have to be the palette that I created using depotted Wet n Wild, Black Radiance, and Sonia Kashuk shadows with one NYX shadow in the corner. I actually threw away the insert and shadows in my Bh Cosmetics 28 Color Neutral Palette because they were not pigmented at all, so this allowed me to create my own "Z-Palette." It has a rainbow colors that I would wear in many finishes so it is definitely the most versatile for me.


4. Best for Travel

  
  

The Too Faced Natural Eye palette is probably my top choice for traveling. It has hard metal packaging so it will be safe in a suitcase and is slim so it won't take up too much room. It has a great range of colors which are perfect for any occasion. (And I know it looks like I haven't use this palette a lot and that's because I got it a few days ago so I haven't a chance to use it much, yet!)


5. Biggest Regret




Besides the Bh Cosmetics 28 Neutral Palette (mentioned in question #3), my biggest regret would have to be the Balm's Nude Tude Palette. The colors are very pigmented and gorgeous but I just never reach for it over my other neutral palettes. I think that for me there are too many dark shades and don't tend to use a lot of dark shadow...


6. Best Color Names


I'm sorry I mentioned this palette twice, but that's how much I love it! I truly think that the Too Faced Naked Eye palette has the best color names. I always giggle a little when I read that I'm using "Like a Virgin" or "Lap Dance." I actually think that Too Faced has the best color names in general!


7. Least Used


  

My least used palette is the E.L.F. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini Eyeshadow palette in Natural. I have swatched this many times to remind myself that it is actually quite pigmented but I never reach for it over my other palettes. I think I have only applied this to my eyes once...


8. Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island

I'm going to cheat a little and do each of these separately. 

My most used palette is the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral (matte) palette. It has a great range of matte shades that are very pigmented and blendable. I use this alone, with other eyeshadow singles, or with other palettes. It is just so useful because it has the essential highlighting, blending, crease, and accent shades.


  

My most loved palette would have to be the Urban Decay Naked 3 paletteI always find myself going back to it if I don't know which palette to use. It has a great range of light to dark shades and is so so pigmented. I have never been disappointed with the eye look I created with this palette. I just love it so much!


  

If I had to go to a desert island with just one palette I would chose the Too Faced Natural Eye palette. I love every single shade in this palette, which is something that I can't say about any other palette I own. With four mattes and five shimmery shades you can create any (neutral) eye look!







Let me know what you guys think about my palette picks! Also, feel free to answer these questions in the comments below or link your YouTube video or blog post about this tag and I will be sure to check it out.




~ Haley


No comments:

Post a Comment